[openstack-qa] Priolity brainstorming my initial toughts

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at au1.ibm.com
Tue Jun 18 10:27:48 UTC 2013

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 10:11:35 -0400
Matthew Treinish <mtreinish at kortar.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 04:40:19AM -0400, Attila Fazekas wrote:
> > History of the Active VM creation performance.
>
> Although, it's been a while since I tried a full run to do a side by
> side comparison (which is difficult because testr won't pass
> everything currently) but nose will. So I don't know if something
> like a few tests hitting the max timeout on testr because of resource
> contention is what is causing the longer run time.

If not all the tests are passing with testr then that can really throw
out the runtime. I saw similar things when I cleaned up the tests to
all run under testr.  As soon as you have it working again I think its
worth trying very hard to get changes gate on it. Otherwise it won't be
long before it degrades again.

Chris