[openstack-qa] Tempest CPU usuage

Attila Fazekas afazekas at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 19:30:47 UTC 2013

Tempest's CPU usage is not real concern even with multiple processes.
The processor mostly consumed by the other processes.

The thing still doable on python level, is event based I/O (select,epoll,libevent, ..)
 on single thread with multiple connections,
 it can mitigate the number of context switches.

- This is not doable in a regular unit test framework
- Not necessarily all library provides good support for this.
- Tempest normal usage is far from the level, when it really makes sense.
- We lose more CPU power because of other things