[openstack-qa] Lowest resource hunger VM for parallel execution

Attila Fazekas afazekas at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 18:02:13 UTC 2013

The minimal resources we need for VM If does not really touch them (console output, ssh ..)
- 1 MB RAM
- 0.5 Mb disk
- 2 CPU instruction in the VM (cli hlt) lifetime after seabios finishes.

It would help to minimalise the resources used by VM.
We could have much more VM in parallel, with minimal cost.

We only can use it for the minimalist API tests. ~ 2x 50 times, and for some existing whitebox test.

On a single thread tempest, but on multicore process these image has minimal benefits,
On  multi-thread they probably have more benefits.