[openstack-qa] Handling tests outside the main gating process

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Wed Jul 24 20:10:47 UTC 2013

We are starting to have tests that are too slow to run in the main
gating process (testenv:full). This has been discussed before with ideas
like having a "non-gate" or "slow" tag. The concrete example is a bunch
of slow heat tests. But we want them to be part of the gate anyway, just
running in a different job. I propose we start using a "slow" tag and
exclude slow tests from testenv:full. Then we can run a job that just
runs slow heat tests within a budget. I think some one may have objected
to this but I can't remember why.

  -David