[openstack-qa] PTL Nomination / Process - throwing my hat in the ring

Frittoli, Andrea (Cloud Services) frittoli at hp.com
Wed Jul 10 06:14:30 UTC 2013

+1 for Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Dague [mailto:sean at dague.net]
Sent: 09 July 2013 12:49
To: All Things QA.
Subject: [openstack-qa] PTL Nomination / Process - throwing my hat in the
ring

Now that QA is an official OpenStack Program we need both a PTL and Program
description. My previous suggestion is we handle the PTL part first. That
seemed to be generally agreed upon, with the process being that qa-core
members are the voters for this.

So I suggest that we open up the PTL process with nominations, with the
hopes of getting all nominations by Thursday's QA meeting. If there are
multiple nominations we'll organize a vote. If not it will just be consensus
based.

I think most folks are around this week, so hopefully this is fine.
Realize what we are voting on is the QA PTL for Havana, we'll be doing this
again at every release boundary so again in Oct for Icehouse, April for J,
etc, etc.

And with that, I'd like to nominate myself for QA PTL for Havana. Over the
past couple of cycles I've been focused on the QA team process, to get us
tracking towards a release a little bit better, restructuring tempest so
that it's clearer from a contribution perspective, and lots of reviews. I've
also done a lot of work on non Tempest QA efforts like Grenade and the
Devstack gate, the rechecks page (http://status.openstack.org/rechecks/).

I'm currently focused on new tooling to make it easier to find and correlate
errors in the OpenStack gate, as well as be able to get us to a point of
enforcing that we don't have stack traces in successful runs.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net