[openstack-qa] Wanting clarification of copyright headers on new files

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at au1.ibm.com
Sun Feb 3 12:07:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

There's quite a few changesets in the tempest review queue with new
files that have the following in the header:

# Copyright 2012 OpenStack, LLC
# All Rights Reserved.

Other than the fact that its now 2013, should copyright be assigned to
OpenStack, LLC as I heard that technically it doesn't exist anymore? And
should it go to the OpenStack Foundation instead?

Should we be reminding contributors that copyright assignment is not
required under the CLA?

I found this proposal regarding copyright/licence headers, but couldn't
see if it got anywhere or not:

http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/Proposed/Policy%20on%20Copyright%20and%20License%20headers

Just thinking we should get this clarified soonish as we don't want to
be retrospectively changing copyright headers.

Regards,

Chris
cyeoh at au1.ibm.com