[openstack-qa] help/guidance on the reviewing process

David Kranz david.kranz at qrclab.com
Thu Apr 25 14:16:01 UTC 2013

On 4/25/2013 9:46 AM, Giulio Fidente wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm writing in order to ask for some help/guidance over the reviewing
> process cause I faced a rather complex situation.
>
> Recently I submitted for review a new test:
> https://review.openstack.org/27451/
>
> implements:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tempest/+spec/add-snapshot-creation
>
> also fixes:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1172497
>
> the newly implemented test would only work if the bug is fixed, that
> is why I posted them in a single review.
>
> Unfortunately the jenkins checks are failing because of an additional
> different problem:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1172704
>
> I posted a 'recheck' comment on the initial review and the external
> bug is now correctly listed on http://status.openstack.org/rechecks/
>
> A simple question: from a "process" pov, am I doing everything right?
I would say yes except that you don't need a blueprint to add a new
test. It is a gray area but IMO a blueprint would
be suitable for some new set of tests but a bug ticket would be fine for
adding a missing case or fixing a test.

The link to the review is actually
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/27451/ and I see that the build
succeeded after the recheck.