[Openstack-operators] [all] Consistent policy names

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 18:41:20 UTC 2018

The topic of having consistent policy names has popped up a few times this
week. Ultimately, if we are to move forward with this, we'll need a
convention. To help with that a little bit I started an etherpad [0] that
includes links to policy references, basic conventions *within* that
service, and some examples of each. I got through quite a few projects this
morning, but there are still a couple left.

The idea is to look at what we do today and see what conventions we can
come up with to move towards, which should also help us determine how much
each convention is going to impact services (e.g. picking a convention that
will cause 70% of services to rename policies).

Please have a look and we can discuss conventions in this thread. If we
come to agreement, I'll start working on some documentation in oslo.policy
so that it's somewhat official because starting to renaming policies.

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/consistent-policy-names