[Openstack-operators] Problems with AggregateMultiTenancyIsolation while migrating an instance

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue May 29 17:44:51 UTC 2018

On 05/29/2018 01:06 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> I'm wondering if the RequestSpec.project_id is null? Like, I wonder if
> you're hitting this bug:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1739318
>
> Although if this is a clean Ocata environment with new instances, you
> shouldn't have that problem.

Looks very much like that bug, yes. Either that, or the wrong project_id
is being used when attempting to migrate? Maybe the admin project_id is
being used instead of the original project_id who launched the instance?

There is only one way that "fails tenant ID" shows up in the logs, and
it's when the project ID making the request isn't in the configured
projects for the aggregate...

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/scheduler/filters/aggregate_multitenancy_isolation.py#L49-L51

Best,
-jay