[Openstack-operators] Ops Community Documentation - first anchor point

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri May 25 12:30:40 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Jonathan D. Proulx's message of 2018-05-24 07:19:29 -0700:

> My intention based on current understandign would be to create a git
> repo called "osops-docs" as this fits current naming an thin initial
> document we intend to put there and the others we may adopt from
> docs-team.

Normally I would say "yay, consistency!" In this case, let's verify
that that name isn't going to have an undesirable effect when the
content is published.

I know the default destination directory for the publish job is
taken from the repository name, which would mean we would have a
URL like docs.openstack.org/osops-docs. I don't know if there is a
way to override that, but the infra team will know. So, if you want
a URL like docs.o.o/operations-guide instead, you'll want to check
with the infra folks before creating the repo to make sure it's set
up in a way to get the URL you want.

Doug