[Openstack-operators] community vs founation membership

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 22 15:12:28 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-22 08:02:34 -0700 (-0700), Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:
[...]
> Again seeing these reviews is public but writing reviews requires
> foundation memebership in the same way being a code contributor does.
[...]

In fact, commenting on https://review.openstack.org/ only requires
creating an account at https://login.ubuntu.com/ (the OpenID service
we're presently using for that) and logging in with it. Further, we
dropped the need to become a member of the OpenStack Foundation in
order to submit patches for review (it was never a legal
requirement, but only a quirk of how we were previously linking
accounts together to simplify technical elections). Contributing
patches to most OpenStack projects does require agreeing to the
OpenStack Individual Contributor License Agreement (ICLA) in Gerrit
for now, but this is not the same thing as becoming an Individual
Member of the OpenStack Foundation and doesn't even require any
account on www.openstack.org for now, just login.ubuntu.com (this
will likely change in the future when we eventually switch OpenID
providers).
--
Jeremy Stanley