[Openstack-operators] community vs founation membership

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Tue May 22 15:02:34 UTC 2018

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 04:06:43PM +0200, Ignazio Cassano wrote:
:   Hi Jeremy, thanks for your help.
:   I am interested in openstack testing (no code contributing).
:   Becoming community member give me any advantage ?
:   At this time I am testing on ocata  on centos 7.
:   My environment is in HA with pacemaker (3 controllers) and 5 kvm nodes.

Anyone can report bugs of course.

If you became a foundation memeber you could also comment on proposed
fixes during code review even if you're not contributing the code
yourself. Code review is a valuable service to the community and
something most projects are usually looking for more of if that is
something you're comfortable with.

Personally it's about where my python skills fall. I can read enough
to see if a fix doesn't quite fix what I'm looking for or sometimes if
it has adverse side effects for me.

Again seeing these reviews is public but writing reviews requires
foundation memebership in the same way being a code contributor does.

If I recall the "community" level was meant mostly for people who
could not sign the contributor agreement typically becase of employer
policies. If that's a concer then become a "community" memeber if not
join as a "foundation" member would be my advice.

Welcome,
-Jon