[Openstack-operators] [openstack-community] Running instance snapshot

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 21:40:11 UTC 2018

On 7/12/2018 10:09 AM, Alfredo De Luca wrote:
> ​I tried with glance image-create or nova backup.... but I got the
> following

Neither of those are server snapshot operations (well backup is, but
it's probably not what you're looking for).

glance image-create is creating an image in glance, not creating a
snapshot from a server. That would be 'nova image-create':

https://docs.openstack.org/python-novaclient/latest/cli/nova.html#nova-image-create

What is the error message in the 400 response? It should be in the CLI
output but if not, what's in the nova-api logs?

Matt