[Openstack-operators] Cinder-volume and high availability

Jean-Philippe Méthot jp.methot at planethoster.info
Thu Jul 12 19:08:54 UTC 2018

Hi,

I’ve noticed that in the high-availability guide, it is not recommended to run cinder-volume in an active-active configuration. However, I have built an active-passive setup that uses keepalived and a virtual IP to redirect API traffic to only one controller at a time. In such a configuration, would I still need to have only one cinder-volume service running at a time? Also, the backend is a Dell compellent SAN, if that makes a difference.

Jean-Philippe Méthot
Openstack system administrator
Administrateur système Openstack
PlanetHoster inc.