[Openstack-operators] [designate] V1 API is now fully removed

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Wed Feb 14 14:57:29 UTC 2018

I saw [1] and realised that we should be more explicit about the
upcoming release.

As highlighted in [2], this email is a reminder that the long awaited
removal of the DNS V1 API is now complete with [3].

This means from Queens onwards it will not be possible to re-enable
the V1 API (we have had it off by default for a long period of time).

Horizon, Heat and the OpenStack CLI all have v2 usable resources, and
have been deprecating the v1 resources for some time.

Any deployment tooling, custom dashboards, and internal tools should
all ensure they do not require the v1 API, and do not try to enable it.

- Graham

1 -
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-February/127366.html
2 -