[Openstack-operators] Octavia LBaaS - networking requirements

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 16:52:33 UTC 2018

No issue with using an L2 network for the lb-mgmt-net.

It only requires the following:
Controllers can reach amphora-agent IPs on the TCP bind_port (default 9443)
Amphora-agents can reach the controllers in the
controller_ip_port_list via UDP (default 5555)

This can be via an L2 lb-mgmt-net (provider or other) or in some
routing combination.

I have started work on a detailed installation guide that will cover
these options. Hopefully I can get it done during Rocky.

Michael