[Openstack-operators] OpenContrail Integration with an existing OpenStack

Van Leeuwen, Robert rovanleeuwen at ebay.com
Mon Feb 5 12:02:20 UTC 2018

> Do I need to ensure OpenStack network state is clean before integrate OpenContrail with my existing Openstack?
> Any suggestion?

What do you mean by “clean”?

Contrail will ignore all information in the neutron db.
Any incoming neutron api call will be translated to a contrail-api call.
Contrail itself does not use the Mysql database but has its own (Cassandra) databases
So any router/subnet/network/interface etc object that currently exists in the neutron/mysql database is ignored.
That basically means any object that is using “stock-neutron” will break since it will need to be re-created on contrail.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen