[Openstack-operators] Project Teams Gathering- Denver September 10-14th

Kendall Waters kendall at openstack.org
Thu Apr 19 17:13:57 UTC 2018

All aboard! Next stop Denver!

The fourth Project Teams Gathering [1] will be held September 10-14th back at the Renaissance Stapleton Hotel [2] in Denver, Colorado (3801 Quebec Street, Denver, Colorado 80207). The Project Teams Gathering (PTG) is an event organized by the OpenStack Foundation. It provides meeting facilities allowing the various technical community groups working with OpenStack (operators, development teams, user workgroups, SIGs) to meet in-person, exchange and get work done in a productive setting. As you may have heard, this time around the Ops Meetup will be co-located with the Denver PTG. We're excited to have these two communities under one roof. Registration, travel support program, and the discounted hotel block are now live!

REGISTRATION AND HOTEL
Registration is now available here: https://denver2018ptg.eventbrite.com <https://denver2018ptg.eventbrite.com/>

Ticket prices for this PTG will be tiered, and are significantly subsidized to help cover part of the overall event cost:
Early Bird: USD $199 (Deadline May 11 at 6:59 UTC)
Regular: USD $399 (Deadline August 23 at 6:59 UTC)
Late/Onsite: USD $599

We've reserved a very limited block of discounted hotel rooms at $149/night USD (does not include breakfast) with the Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel where the event will be held. Please move quickly to reserve a room with 2 queen beds[3] or 1 king bed[4] by August 20th or until they sell out!

TRAIN NEAR HOTEL
You may be curious about the train noise situation around the hotel. This was due to an unsafe crossing requiring human flaggers and trains signalling using horns. After a meeting held in February of 2018, the Director for the RTD project stated that “The gate crossings are complete, operational and safe, and we feel that it’s appropriate at this time to remove the requirements to have grade crossing attendants at those crossings,” Regulatory approvals for the A, B and G commuter rail lines have a contracted deadline of June 2nd, 2018 to be approved by Federal Railroad Administration Commissioners. Also worth noting, right after we left the PTG last September, the hotel installed sound reduction windows throughout the property which should help with an overall quality of stay for guests.

USA VISA APPLICATIONS
Please note: Due to recent delays in the visa system, please allow as much time as possible for the application process if a visa is required in order to travel to the United States. We normally recommend applying no later than 60 days prior to the event.

If you are unsure whether you require a visa or not, please visit this page [5] to see if your country is a part of the Visa Waiver Program. If it is not one of the countries listed, you will need to obtain a Visa to enter the U.S.

To supplement your Visa application, we can also provide you with a Visa Invitation Letter on official OpenStack Foundation letterhead. Requests for invitation letters may be submitted here [6] and must be received by Friday, August 24, 2018.

TRAVEL SUPPORT PROGRAM
The OpenStack Travel Support Program's aim is to facilitate participation of key contributors to the OpenStack Project Teams Gathering (PTG) covering costs for travel, accommodation, and event pass. Please fill out this form [7]  to apply; the application deadline for the first round of sponsorships is July 1st. If you are interested in donating to the Travel Support Program, you can do so on the Eventbrite page [8].

SPONSORSHIP
The PTGs are critical to the OpenStack release cycle and community, and sponsorship of these events is a public demonstration of your commitment to the continued growth and success of OpenStack. Since this is a working event and we strive to maintain a distraction-free environment so teams, we have created sponsorship packages that are community focused so that all sponsors receive prominent recognition for their ongoing support of OpenStack without impacting productivity. If your organization is interested in sponsoring the Stein PTG in Denver, please review the sponsorship prospectus and contract here <https://www.openstack.org/assets/ptg/Denver2018/Denver-PTG-Sponsorship-Prospectus-FINAL.pdf>, and send any questions to ptg at openstack.org <mailto:ptg at openstack.org>.

Feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions, looking forward to seeing everyone in Denver!

Cheers,
Kendall

Kendall Waters
OpenStack Marketing
kendall at openstack.org <mailto:kendall at openstack.org>
[1] www.openstack.org/ptg <http://www.openstack.org/ptg>
[2] http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/densa-renaissance-denver-stapleton-hotel/ <http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/densa-renaissance-denver-stapleton-hotel/>
[3] http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Project%20Team%20Gathering%20Two%20Queen%20Beds%5Edensa%60opnopnb%60149.00%60USD%60false%604%609/5/18%609/18/18%608/20/18&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes <http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Project%20Team%20Gathering%20Two%20Queen%20Beds%5Edensa%60opnopnb%60149.00%60USD%60false%604%609/5/18%609/18/18%608/20/18&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes>
[4] http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Project%20Teams%20Gathering%20King%20Bed%5Edensa%60opnopna%60149.00%60USD%60false%604%609/5/18%609/18/18%608/20/18&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes <http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Project%20Teams%20Gathering%20King%20Bed%5Edensa%60opnopna%60149.00%60USD%60false%604%609/5/18%609/18/18%608/20/18&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes>
[5] https://www.dhs.gov/visa-waiver-program-requirements <https://www.dhs.gov/visa-waiver-program-requirements>
[6] https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/visa_form_denver_2018_ptg <https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/visa_form_denver_2018_ptg>
[7] https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/travelsupportptg_denver_2018 <https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/travelsupportptg_denver_2018>
[8] https://denver2018ptg.eventbrite.com <https://denver2018ptg.eventbrite.com/>