[Openstack-operators] How do you determine remaining (cloud) capacity?

Blair Bethwaite blair.bethwaite at gmail.com
Thu May 4 18:56:27 UTC 2017

On 5 May 2017 at 03:26, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at fastmail.com> wrote:
> Though technically not horrible it does seem like the various openstack
> project APIs should provide there own projections of this same data (without
> needing to scape it, send it to hadoop and then do various projections
> there).

Consistent APIs to query this data (just Nova and Cinder would do),
from the same perspective as the respective schedulers see it as
opposed to some kind of error prone scraping, would be brilliant. The
cell capacity API has some flavor capacity information (we save that
for display: https://status.rc.nectar.org.au/capacity/) but, at least
in cellsv1, the capacity information is useless if there are any
non-toy nova-scheduler constraints in place, e.g., it doesn't know if
a host cannot launch a certain flavor.

--
Cheers,
~Blairo