[Openstack-operators] need input on log translations

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Mar 30 19:14:45 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Amrith Kumar's message of 2017-03-21 08:17:46 -0400:
> Doug,
>
> I'm not sure I understand how we'd do this, and I've already started to see
> some attempts at this come up and they are going to cause quite a lot of
> churn across the code base. I would like to have a clearer description of
> what projects must do, like a cross project goal.
>
> I'll catch you on IRC and hopefully get to a better understanding of this.

I think Sean answered this in the other thread while I was out on PTO,
but just in case:

1. Remove the use of the _LE, _LW, and _LI translation markers from
   message going to logs.
2. Retain the use of the _() translation marker for error messages and
   other strings that are returned by the API.

I don't think we need to wait for a goal definition to be written
to start the work, but if projects want to wait for the Queens cycle
and someone wants to own tracking that goal, I can help with the
write-up.

Doug