[Openstack-operators] Disk filter in newron

Mark Mielke mark.mielke at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 08:16:46 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Ignazio Cassano <ignaziocassano at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi  all, I am using newton with cinder nfs driver.
> When I launch an istance its volume is correctly allocated on nfs stare
> but nova hypervisor-stats decrease the volume size from the available
> space. Since the space reported by hypervisor-stats is  related to
> hypervisor local disk and not to nfs share, if I launch a lot a virtual
> machine it reports errors ( no valid host.....)  even if on nfs share the
> available space is more than requested.

If I understand you correctly - I think you are facing the same issue I am
facing, that I documented here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1662432

I only have a partial fix right now. I will be proposing a more complete
fix as soon as I get another period of time to work on this. I think it is
a pretty significant issue, as it can prevent new virtual machines from
being scheduled even while there is plenty of storage still available.

--
Mark Mielke <mark.mielke at gmail.com>