[Openstack-operators] [neutron] Modify Default Quotas

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 17:47:53 UTC 2017

Hello,

floating IPs is the real issue.

When using horizon it is very easy for users to allocate floating ips
but it is also very difficult to release them.

In our production cloud we had to change the default from 50 to 2. We
have to be very conservative with floatingips quota because our
experience is that the user will never release a floating IP.

A good starting point is to set the quota for the floatingips at the
the same quota for nova instances.

Saverio