[Openstack-operators] Panko and event system

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Wed Jun 21 17:01:27 UTC 2017

On 20/06/17 04:43 PM, mate200 at mailbox.org wrote:

> 1) To store events should I install Panko ?

yes. or you can in theory, build a custom publisher and push it to a db
that is not Panko

> 2) Where are the defined event types that Panko would store ?

there is a definition file in ceilometer which converts known
notifications from openstack services to event format:
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/ceilometer/pipeline/data/event_definitions.yaml

> 3) Can I somehow subscript on them or I should manually check everytime on events that is interesting for me ?

you can modify this. (and you can contribute them to community). check
out the docs for more info:
https://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/events.html#events-and-event-processing

> Thanks in advance.
>
> P.S. I'm using Mitaka release.

Panko only exists starting in Newton but in theory can be used with
Mitaka (you may need to hack ceilometer to not build the event db though)

--
gord