[Openstack-operators] osa Mitaka api SSL end points

Grant Morley grant at absolutedevops.io
Tue Feb 28 09:59:12 UTC 2017

Hi All,

We have an OSA Mitaka deployment and for some reason all of the end
points ( keystone, neutron, glance etc.. ) are all reporting as HTTP
rather than HTTPS. The only thing that seems to have worked with HTTPS
is Horizon ( I know that isn't an api endpoint, just for clarification).

We have placed our SSL certs in the correct directory for the deployment
"/etc/openstack_deploy/ssl/" but for some reason when the setup has run
it is only using HTTP as below:

+----------------------------------+-----------+--------------+----------------+---------+-----------+----------------------------------------------+
| ID                               | Region    | Service Name | Service
Type   | Enabled | Interface |
URL                                          |
+----------------------------------+-----------+--------------+----------------+---------+-----------+----------------------------------------------+
| 0b7ca91c06334207b3199eeca432d5fe | lon1      | cinder       |
volume         | True    | admin     |
http://10.6.0.3:8776/v1/%(tenant_id)s        |
| 0f7440688cbc4d1f8f3c62158889729d | lon1      | keystone     |
identity       | True    | internal  |
http://10.6.0.3:5000/v3                      |

Is there something else I have missed or do I need to put our SSL certs
in a different directory for OSA to setup the endpoints with HTTPS on
haproxy?

Grateful for any help.

Regards,

Grant