[Openstack-operators] Developer Mailing List Digest November 25 to December 1st

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 17:32:09 UTC 2017

Contribute to the Dev Digest by summarizing OpenStack Dev List thread:

* https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/devdigest
* http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/
* http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-sigs

HTML version:

News
====
* Project Team Gather (PTG) in Dublin registration is live [0]

[0] -
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-November/124978.html

Community Summaries
===================
* TC report by Chris Dent [0]
* Release countdown [1]
* Technical Committee Status updated [2]
* POST /api-sig/news [3]
* Nova notification update [4]
* Nova placement resource providers update [5]

[0] -
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-November/124964.html
[1] -
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-November/125054.html
[2] -
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-December/125099.html
[3] -
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-November/125071.html
[4] -
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-December/125146.html
[5] -
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-December/125117.html

Dublin PTG Format
=================
We will continue themes as we did in Denver, but shorter times like half
days.
Flexibility is added for other groups to book the remaining available
rooms in
90-min slots on-demand driven by the PTG Bot. So far the split of having
Monday-Tuesday be dedicated to themes and Wednesday-Frday dedicated to
teams as
we've done in previous PTG's is a winning decision.

Full thread:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-November/thread.html#124898

First Contact SIG
=================
A wiki has been created for the group [0]. The group is looking for
intersted
people being points of contact for newcomers and what specified timezones.
Resource links like contributor portal, mentoring wiki, Upstream Institute,
outreachy are being collected on the wiki page. A representative from the
operators side to chair and represent would be good.

[0] - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/First_Contact_SIG

Policy Goal Queens-2 Update
===========================
Queens-2 coming to a close, we recap our community wide goal for
policies [0].
If you want your status changed, contact Lance Bragstad. Use the topic
policy-and-docs-in-code for tracking related code changes.

Not Started
-----------
* ceilometer
* congress
* networking-bgpvpn
* networking-midonet
* networking-odl
* neutron-dynamic-routing
* neutron-fwaas
* neutron-lib
* solum
* swift

In Progress
-----------
* barbican
* cinder
* cloudkitty
* glance
* heat
* manila
* mistral
* neutron
* panko
* python-heatclient
* tacker
* tricircle
* trove
* vitrage
* watcher
* zaqar

Completed
---------
* designate
* freezer
* ironic
* keystone
* magnum
* murano
* nova
* octavia
* sahara
* searchlight
* senlin
* zun

Full thread:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-November/thread.html#124966

Tempest Plugin Split Goal
=========================
A list of open reviews [0] is available for the Tempest plugin split
goal [1].

Not Started
-----------
* Congress