[Openstack-operators] port state is UP when admin-state-up is False (neutron/+bug/1672629)

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Mon Aug 7 22:06:35 UTC 2017

What backend are you using? That bug is about the port showing ACTIVE when
admin_state_up=False but it's still being disconnected from the dataplane.
If you are seeing dataplane traffic with admin_state_up=False, then that is
a separate bug.

Also, keep in mind that marking the port down will still not be reflected
inside of the VM via ifconfig or ethtool. It will always show active in
there. So even after we fix bug 1672629, you are going to see the port is
connected inside of the VM.