[Openstack-operators] Operator feedback on App Keys...

De Rose, Ronald ronald.de.rose at intel.com
Fri Apr 7 01:39:49 UTC 2017

Great Edmund!  We’d appreciate that.

-Ron

From: Edmund Rhudy (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK) [mailto:erhudy at bloomberg.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2017 12:43 PM
To: De Rose, Ronald <ronald.de.rose at intel.com>
Cc: openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re:[Openstack-operators] Operator feedback on App Keys...

We have had internal discussions about app keys in Keystone and would be very happy to see it implemented (and to assist with the implementation where possible).

From: ronald.de.rose at intel.com<mailto:ronald.de.rose at intel.com>
During the PTG, the keystone team had a lengthy discussion on a new security credential for applications/scripts/3rd party tools, to avoid having to put username/password in configuration files.  The following is a spec that addresses this feature by implementing App Keys to be used for application authentication.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/450415/

I’m looking for feedback from operators and others on this idea to determine if there is a strong need/demand for this.

Thanks in advance.

-Ron

Ron De Rose
Keystone Core