[Openstack-operators] Operator feedback on App Keys...

Edmund Rhudy (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK) erhudy at bloomberg.net
Thu Apr 6 19:42:34 UTC 2017

We have had internal discussions about app keys in Keystone and would be very happy to see it implemented (and to assist with the implementation where possible).

From: ronald.de.rose at intel.com
Subject: Re:[Openstack-operators] Operator feedback on App Keys...

During the PTG, the keystone team had a lengthy discussion on a new security credential for applications/scripts/3rd party tools, to avoid having to put username/password in configuration files.  The following  is a spec that addresses this feature by implementing App Keys to be used for application authentication.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/450415/

I’m looking for feedback from operators and others on this idea to determine if there is a strong need/demand for this.

Thanks in advance.

-Ron

Ron De Rose
Keystone Core