[Openstack-operators] : Public cloud operators group in

Rochelle Grober rochelle.grober at huawei.com
Wed Sep 28 23:26:40 UTC 2016

I've followed "cloud for at least as long as OpenStack has existed, but back then I followed whatever/whoever called themselves "cloud" or "cloud-{app|service|etc}" and at one point there was a heated discussion (mostly that the rest of the group agreed with) that you couldn't claim you ran in the/a cloud if you utilized your own equipment in your own data center.

So, yeah.  The rest of the world doesn't always see cloud the way we do.

--Rocky

From: Silence Dogood <matt at nycresistor.com>

I figure if you have entity Y's workloads running on entity X's hardware...

and that's 51% or greater portion of gross revenue... you are a public

cloud.

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Kenny Johnston <kenny at kencjohnston.com<mailto:kenny at kencjohnston.com>>