[Openstack-operators] [openstack-hpc] What's the state of openstack-hpc now?

Blair Bethwaite blair.bethwaite at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 08:37:59 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew, hi John -

I've just started trying to get CUDA P2P working in our virtualized
HPC environment. I figure this must be something you solved already in
order to produce the aforementioned paper, but having read it a couple
of times I don't think it provides enough detail about the guest
config, hoping you can shed some light...

The issue I'm grappling with is that despite using a qemu-kvm machine
type (q35) with an emulated PCIe bus and seeing that indeed the P2P
capable GPUs (NVIDIA K80s) are attached to that bus, and nvidia-smi
sees them as sharing a PHB, the simpleP2P CUDA sample fails when
checking their ability to communicate with each other. Is there some
magic config I might be missing, did you need to make any PCI-ACS
changes?

Best regards,
Blair

--