[Openstack-operators] MongoDB as Ceilometer backend - scaling

Joseph Bajin josephbajin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 02:04:15 UTC 2016

I think many people tried to run ceilometer with multiple different
backends and for a while were truly unsuccessful.

If you look at Liberty and now in Mitaka there has been a lot of work to
separate out the alarms from the actual data parts.  You now have Adoh from
the alarming standpoint, and then ceilometer using new backends like
Gnocchi. I'm here a lot of good things about Gnocchi and we are going to
start taking a look at re-deploying ceilometer with that backend.