[Openstack-operators] Delete cinder service

Kris G. Lindgren klindgren at godaddy.com
Thu Sep 1 17:24:19 UTC 2016

Just be careful with LIMIT x on your servers if you have replicated mysql databases.  At least under older versions of mysql this can lead to broken replication as the results of the query performed on the master and on the slave are not guaranteed to be the same.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/replication-features-limit.html

Kris Lindgren
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
GoDaddy

On 9/1/16, 9:51 AM, "Nick Jones" <nick.jones at datacentred.co.uk> wrote:

    On 1 Sep 2016, at 15:36, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:

    > On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 04:25:25PM +0300, Vladimir Prokofev wrote:
    > :I've used direct database update to achive this in Mitaka:
    > :use cinder;
    > :update services set deleted = '1' where <your service parameters>;
    >

    > I belive the official way is:
    >
    > cinder-manage service remove <binary> <host>
    >
    > Which probably more or less does the same thing...

    Yep.  Both options basically require direct interaction with the
    database as opposed to via a Cinder API call, but at least with
    cinder-manage the scope for making a mistake is far more limited than
    missing some qualifying clause off an UPDATE statement (limit 1 is your
    friend!) ;)

    —

    -Nick

    --
    DataCentred Limited registered in England and Wales no. 05611763