[Openstack-operators] Delete cinder service

Nick Jones nick.jones at datacentred.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 15:51:20 UTC 2016

On 1 Sep 2016, at 15:36, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 04:25:25PM +0300, Vladimir Prokofev wrote:
> :I've used direct database update to achive this in Mitaka:
> :use cinder;
> :update services set deleted = '1' where <your service parameters>;
>

> I belive the official way is:
>
> cinder-manage service remove <binary> <host>
>
> Which probably more or less does the same thing...

Yep.  Both options basically require direct interaction with the
database as opposed to via a Cinder API call, but at least with
cinder-manage the scope for making a mistake is far more limited than
missing some qualifying clause off an UPDATE statement (limit 1 is your
friend!) ;)

—

-Nick

--
DataCentred Limited registered in England and Wales no. 05611763