[Openstack-operators] [neutron] Operator feedback for Neutron clarifications from Barcelona

Clayton O'Neill clayton at oneill.net
Tue Nov 1 17:06:30 UTC 2016

I was the person with issues with 10's of l3-agents not working
properly on Liberty.  With about 100 l3-agents we had issues with them
just falling over without anything going on.  We moved to 20 l3-agents
and with that config we've had good luck unless you restart all of
them at the same time.  My understanding is that in Liberty there is a
single thread per neutrons-server (we run 3) that handles agent
traffic and that this was supposed to be fixed in Mitaka and newer,
but I haven't seen that confirmed.