[Openstack-operators] [neutron] Operator feedback for Neutron clarifications from Barcelona

Leon Zachery (lzachery) lzachery at cisco.com
Tue Nov 1 15:38:10 UTC 2016

Hi:

At the neutron operator feedback session during the operator summit [1] and the operator feedback session during the design summit [2], 2 issues were raised on which
we'd like to get some further clarification.

The first issue was the issue raised on the scale issues with thousands of agents, from [1] above:

  *   Issues with lots of agents (~1000) and rabbitMQ

  *   We've had problems on liberty with 10's of l3-agents, supposed to be better on mitaka+

  *   Related to this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mos/+bug/1494416

The second issue is the hardware router integration issue, from [2] above:

     *   Enabling end users to create their own networks serviced by a hardware router

  *   Currently using provider networks, but that loses self service

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BCN-ops-neutron-pain-points
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ocata-neutron-end-user-operator-feedback

Feel free to unicast or broadcast a response and I will follow up with you.

Thanks,
Leon