[Openstack-operators] Seeking feedback: Active User Contributor (AUC) eligibility requirements

Shamail Tahir itzshamail at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 20:52:00 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

The AUC Recognition WG has been hard at work on milestone-4 of our plan
which is to identify the eligibility criteria for each community
contributor role that is covered by AUC.  We had a great mix of community
people involved in defining these thresholds but we wanted to also open
this up for broader community feedback before we propose them to the user
committee.  AUC is a new concept and we hope to make iterative improvements
going forward... you can consider the guidelines below as "version 1" and I
am certain they will evolve as lessons are learned.  Thank you in advance
for your feedback!

·      Official User Group organizers

o   Listed as an organizer or coordinator for an official OpenStack user
group

·      Active members of official UC Working Groups

o   Attend 25% of the IRC meetings and have spoken more than 25 times OR
have spoken more than 100 times regardless of attendance count over the
last six months

o   WG that do not use IRC for their meetings will depend on the meeting
chair(s) to identify active participation from attendees

·      Ops meetup moderators

o   Moderate a session at the operators meetup over the last six
months AND/OR

o   Host the operators meetup (limit 2 people from the hosting
organization) over the last six months

·      Contributions to any repository under UC governance (ops
repositories, user stories repository, etc.)

o   Submitted two or more patches to a UC governed repository over the last
six months

·      Track chairs for OpenStack Summits

o   Identified track chair for the upcoming OpenStack Summit (based on when
data is gathered) [this is a forward-facing metric]

·      Contributors to Superuser (articles, interviews, user stories, etc.)

o   Listed as author in at least one publication at superuser.openstack.org
over the last six months

·      Submission for eligibility to AUC review panel

o   No formal criteria, anyone can self-nominate, and nominations will be
reviewed per guidance established in milestone-5

·      Active moderators on ask.openstack

o   Listed as moderator on Ask OpenStack and have over 500 karma

There is additional information available in the etherpad[1] the AUC
recognition WG has been using for this task which includes Q&A (question
and answers) between team members.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/uc-recog-metrics

Shamail Tahir
t: @ShamailXD