[Openstack-operators] Shared Storage for compute nodes

Michael Stang michael.stang at dhbw-mannheim.de
Tue Jun 21 09:42:45 UTC 2016

I think I have asked my question not correctly, it is not for the cinder
backend, I meant the shared storage for the instances which is shared by the
compute nodes. Or can cinder also be used for this? Sorry if I ask stupid
questions, OpenStack is still new for me ;-)

Regards,
Michael

> Matt Jarvis <matt.jarvis at datacentred.co.uk> hat am 21. Juni 2016 um 10:21
> geschrieben:
>
>  If you look at the user survey (
> https://www.openstack.org/user-survey/survey-2016-q1/landing ) you can see
> what the current landscape looks like in terms of deployments. Ceph is by far
> the most commonly used storage backend for Cinder.
>
>  On 21 June 2016 at 08:27, Michael Stang <michael.stang at dhbw-mannheim.de
> mailto:michael.stang at dhbw-mannheim.de > wrote:
>    > >    Hi,
> >
> >    I wonder what is the recommendation for a shared storage for the compute
> > nodes? At the moment we are using an iSCSI device which is served to all
> > compute nodes with multipath, the filesystem is OCFS2. But this makes it a
> > little unflexible in my opinion, because you have to decide how many compute
> > nodes you will have in the future.
> >
> >    So is there any suggestion which kind of shared storage to use for the
> > compute nodes and what filesystem?
> >
> >    Thanky,
> >    Michael

> >  >
>  DataCentred Limited registered in England and Wales no. 05611763

Viele Grüße

Michael Stang
Laboringenieur, Dipl. Inf. (FH)

Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Mannheim
Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Mannheim
ZeMath Zentrum für mathematisch-naturwissenschaftliches Basiswissen
Fachbereich Informatik, Fakultät Technik
Coblitzallee 1-9
68163 Mannheim

Tel.: +49 (0)621 4105 - 1367
michael.stang at dhbw-mannheim.de