[Openstack-operators] Upgrade OpenStack Juno to Mitaka

Kingshott, Daniel Daniel.Kingshott at bestbuy.com
Wed Jun 15 15:17:22 UTC 2016

We¹re almost complete with this process, we¹re moving from icehouse to
kilo.

Certainly for nova, I was able to jump directly from I->K however, I did
have to deal with lots of weird issues that ended up with me having to
update the computes at the same time as the controllers.

With regards to upgrade levels, I found the docs to be a little
incomplete, I also found that certain components (e.g nova-cert) didn¹t
take a release name as per the docs and required an RPC version number.

Watch out, you¹ll need to refactor your configs quite a bit, things have
been moved into different stanza¹s, new options added.