[Openstack-operators] Issue when trying to snapshot an instance

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Fri Jun 3 12:52:59 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 6:22 AM, Grant Morley <grant at absolutedevops.io>
wrote:

> Turns out is in an issue with the keystone tokens that are timing out when
> the snapshot is taking place.

Yes, this is exactly the problem we have seen--token timeout. I didn't see
the size of this image but we've had that issue on any larger than 40G with
a two hour token time. In some (our) environments, you will also see issues
when the external url is using https via a load balancer. Switching to the
internal os-endpoint-type made a sizable improvement/speedup.