[Openstack-operators] Ops Meetups Team - Next Meeting Coordinates and News

Melvin Hillsman mrhillsman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 20:16:06 UTC 2016

Apologies,

* On a side note, can we decide on a [email-subject-tag] to help filter these in [Openstack-operators]
* Suggestion: [ops-meetups-team]

For the delay that is since rain and Houston, TX fight a lot and rain is winning these days unfortunately. I was tasked with submitting to the ML a request to discuss how do we handle the waiting list for those who are not able to attend the Ops Midcycle due to the cap. Looking at EventBrite [ https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/How_To/how-to-set-up-an-event-waitlist?lg=en_US ] if we are going to do a waitlist, this looks like a great option where basically we get details about the attendees we need and the waitlist is automatically created once the cap is hit.

Playing devil’s advocate, my only apprehension to this process is should the waitlist be large, and there is a significant reason for someone who attended a previous Ops Midcycle to need to attend the next, how would that be handled? I am sure there are other potential issues that can be identified.

Kind regards,
--
Melvin Hillsman
Ops Technical Lead
mrhillsman at gmail.com
phone: (210) 312-1267
mobile: (210) 413-1659
Learner | Ideation | Belief | Responsibility | Command
http://osic.org