[Openstack-operators] [kolla] question of default users for operators

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 14:13:20 UTC 2016

On 07/29/2016 11:35 PM, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> In Kolla we have a significant bug in that Horizon can't be used because
> it requires a member user.  We have a few approaches to fixing this
> problem in mind, but want to understand what Operators want.  Devstack
> itself has switched between member and _member_ although Devstack isn't
> our reference: Operators are.
>
> Which of those do operators prefer (if either).
>
> Another question was whether we should create a default user named
> "user" and use this in place of member.

"member" is a role, not a user. The default unprivileged user is named
"demo" and has the "member" role in a project called "demo".

Are you asking what the name of the unprivileged *role* should be by
default in Kolla installations? Or are you asking what, if any, a
default unprivileged *user* should be called?

Best,
-jay