[Openstack-operators] Stopping clean-up in instances_path (Nova)

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 01:45:26 UTC 2016

I am debugging an instance launch failure (SRIOV PCI passthrough
related) and I would like to look into the last state of the instances
before they fail during launch.

I tried to Google it (seems to be a useful way of debugging launch
failures), but there does not seem to be a flag to stop cleanup in
$instances_path. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to inspect
the state of an instance before it gets cleanup by nova-compute??

Thanks,
Rayson