[Openstack-operators] Openstack Operators mid-cycle meet up - schedule brainstorm

Chris Morgan mihalis68 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 17:45:21 UTC 2016

Hi All,
  The OpenStack Operators mid-cycle meet up in NYC is fast approaching,
being about a month from now. As mentioned previously, the registration is
up on Evenbrite here:

https://opsmidcyclenyc2016.eventbrite.com

 We need your input on the schedule. As for previous events, your input is
kindly requested via the following Etherpad:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/NYC-ops-meetup

There are some good ideas already posted, such as :

*Session Ideas - General Sessions (large room discussions)*

   - Containerising the control plane

   - Logging and monitoring - influxdb, graphite, telegraf, collectd - best
   practices, tips and tricks

   - Upgrades - anything changed recently ? war stories ?

   - Ceph - previous sessions well attended

   - Config management - puppet, chef

   - OsOps - encouraging contributions

*Session Ideas - Working Groups (small room work sessions)*

   - Large Deployments Team

   - Right settings to snapshot nova flavors with 256Gb of RAM

   - Craton (OpenStack Fleet Management Suite) - devs should be in
   attendance

   - Building packages

   - Need the latest patch from review.openstack.org as soon as possible to
   close the customer ticket ? Tutorial on how properly build packages
   (Saverio can do it for Ubuntu, looking for other speakers)

   - Big Data <-- is this a general session or a working session?

   - Running Sahara ? Share your experience

   - Telecom/NFV+1

You can add more ideas or merely +1 the ones you like to show interest.
This will help the team form the best itinerary for the two days.

Thanks!

Chris

Sophisticated Disclosure Statement : My employer Bloomberg L.P. is
sponsoring this meet up and hence I am assisting the usual crew with this
event. We have, like, OpenStack clusters and stuff.

--
Chris Morgan <mihalis68 at gmail.com>