[Openstack-operators] Storage backend for glance

Robert Starmer robert at kumul.us
Wed Jan 27 18:42:58 UTC 2016

Glusterfs backend works great for shared glance, and can be configured for
a bit of redundancy at the disk level (rather than non distributed NFS,
which needs the NFS server to be present), much like the Ceph model Kevin
suggests.  Is your database also resiliant (e.g. some form of mysql
replication), then the glance-api services are effectively stateless, and
you've protected disk backend (gluster/ceph), and image catalog (mysql).