[Openstack-operators] I have an installation question and possible bug

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Mon Jan 25 18:23:56 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Christopher Hull's message of 2016-01-25 09:11:59 -0800:
> Hello all;
>
> I'm an experienced developer and I work at Cisco.  Chances are I've covered
> the basics here,but just in case, check me.
> I've followed the Kilo install instructions to the letter so far as I can
> tell.   I have not installed Swift, but I think everything else, and my
> installation almost works.   I'm having a little trouble with Glance.
>
> It seems that when I attempt to create a large image (that may or not may
> be the issue), the checksum that Glance records in it's DB is incorrect.
> Cirros image runs just fine.  CentOS cloud works.  But when I offload and
> create an image from a big CentOS install (say 100gb), nova says the
> checksum is wrong when I try to boot it.

Did you check the file that glance saved to disk to make sure it was
the same one you uploaded? I kind of wonder if something timed out and
did not properly report the error, leading to a partially written file.

Also, is there some reason you aren't deploying Liberty?