[Openstack-operators] OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest January 9-15
mike at openstack.org
Sat Jan 16 01:43:23 UTC 2016
Perma link: http://www.openstack.org/blog/2016/01/openstack-developer-mailing-list-digest-20160115/
Success Bot Says
* stevemar: Latest python-neutronclient use keystoneauth, yay!
* devkulkarni: Devstack plugin for Solum finally working as expected.
* dulek: Initial tests show that our rolling upgrades stuff is working fine -
I’m able to use Mitaka’s Cinder API service with Liberty’s cinder-scheduler
and cinder volume services.
* Tell us yours via IRC with a message “#success [insert success]”.
* More: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Successes
Cross-Project Specs & API Guidelines
* Add clouds.yaml support specification 
* Deprecate individual CLIs in favor of OSC 
* Add description of pagination parameters 
Release Models To Be Frozen Around Mitaka-2
* Deadline: Mitaka-2, January 21st
* Example, your release model is release:independent, and you want to switch to
cycle-oriented models (e.g. release:cycle-with-intermediary or
* To change your project, propose an openstack/governance change in
reference/projects.yaml file .
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/083726.html
Vision and Changes For OpenStack API Guides
* New tool: fairy-slipper 
- Migrate files from WADL to Swagger.
- Serve up reference info.
* New build jobs to build API guides from project repos to
* It was discussed in the last cross-project meeting  to answer questions.
* There are a variety of specs 96] to go over this work.
* See what’s happening this month .
* Ful thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/083670.html
"Upstream Development” Track At the Austin OpenStack Summit
* Call for speakers  for the OpenStack conference in Austin will have a new
track targeted towards upstream OpenStack developers.
- Learn about new development processes
- Tools that the infrastructure team gives us
- New OSLO library features (or elsewhere)
- Best practices
* Probably Monday before the design summit tracks start.
* Have a topic that fits this audience? Submit it! 
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/083958.html
You Almost Never Need to Change Every Repository
* There have been a lot of patches that tweak the same thing across many, many
* Standardizations are great, but if you’re making the same change to more than
a few repositories, we should be looking at another way to have that change
* If you find yourself making the same change over and over in a lot of
projects, start a conversation on the dev mailing list first.
* Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/084133.html
Release Countdown For Week R-11, Jan 18-22
- Next week is the second milestone for the Mitaka cycle.
- Major feature work should be making good process, or be re-evaluated to see
it really needs to land this cycle.
* Release Actions:
- Liaisons should submit tag requests to the openstack/releases repository
for projects following the cycle-with-milestone before the end of the day
on Jan 21.
- Release liaison responsibility update should be reviewed .
* Important Dates:
- Mitaka 2: January 19-21
- Deadline for Mitaka 2 tag: Jan 21
- Release models to be frozen: Jan 21
- Full thread: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-January/084143.html
 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/236712/
 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/243348/
 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/190743/16
 - http://governance.openstack.org/reference/tags/index.html#release-management-tags
 - https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/projects.yaml
 - http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/fairy-slipper/tree/
 - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/crossproject/2016/crossproject.2016-01-12-21.02.log.html#l-34
 - http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/mitaka/app-guides-mitaka-vision.html
 - http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/liberty/api-site.html
 - http://www.openstack.org/blog/2016/01/whats-next-for-application-developer-guides/
 - https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/call-for-speakers/
 - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/austin-upstream-dev-track-ideas
 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/262003/
More information about the OpenStack-operators