[Openstack-operators] Anyone using Project Calico for tenant networking?

Ned Rhudy (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX) erhudy at bloomberg.net
Fri Feb 5 18:17:23 UTC 2016

Hello operators,

We're continuing to investigate different cloud networking technologies as part of our project to migrate from nova-network to Neutron, and one that's come up frequently is Project Calico (http://www.projectcalico.org/). However, we can't actually find anything in the way of operator testimonials from people using Calico. On paper it looks interesting, but it would be good to hear from operators who are actually using it with live users.

If you do use Calico, how do you feel about it? Does it deliver on its scalability promises, or has it brought only heartbreak?