[Openstack-operators] Mitaka live snapshot of instances not working

Michael Stang michael.stang at dhbw-mannheim.de
Fri Aug 26 06:19:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

thank you for the link. I tried this method and get the following result:

virsh dumpxml --inactive instance-00000367 > /var/tmp/instance-00000367.xml

virsh blockjob instance-00000367 vda --abort
error: Requested operation is not valid: No active operation on device:
drive-virtio-disk0

virsh blockcopy --domain instance-00000367 vda
/var/tmp/instance-00000367-copy.qcow2 --wait -- verbose
error: internal error: unable to execute QEMU command 'drive-mirror': Could not
create file: Permission denied

virsh blockjob instance-00000367 vda --abort
error: Requested operation is not valid: No active operation on device:
drive-virtio-disk0

virsh define /var/tmp/instance-00000367.xml
Domain instance-00000367 defined from /var/tmp/instance-00000367.xml

The last command I ccould not do, because I got no image with the 3rd command. I
tried it as user and also as root, also tired different directories to write the
image to (//var/tmp/, /tmp, ~/ )

Kind regards,

Michael

michael.stang at dhbw-mannheim.de