[Openstack-operators] Designate Production Setup

Mehul Jani mehul.jani at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 06:34:48 UTC 2016

Hi All,

The additional details of our test setup are
We are using MOS 8.0 Liberty Release with
Number Of Controllers : 3
Number of Computes : 2
Networking : OVS

I made changes to the already existing MOS 7.0 Fuel Plugin for Designate(
https://github.com/openstack/fuel-plugin-designate) to make it compatible
with MOS 8.0 (https://github.com/mehuljn/fuel-plugin-designate).
I also included plugin changes for deploying Designate Pool Manager and
Designate mDNS with default settings and backend of bind9.

In the current setup I have all designate services running on all
controllers but wanted to understand if thats the correct.
What should be the best way to deploy designate services? Should designate
services be running on completely different nodes ?
Should the database for designate be separate from that of the database
used by controllers ?

Any pointers or suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Mehul