[Openstack-operators] Designate Production Setup

Mehul Jani mehul.jani at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 10:58:46 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I am working on designate setup in our infrastructure and have a few questions around it.

We have 3 controllers and around 6-8 compute nodes.
Now the question is if it's wise to install designate services on the same nodes as that of controllers ?
What should be the best way to deploy designate services? Should designate services be running on completely different nodes ?

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Mehul